Paleo Carrot Cake With Medicinal Mushrooms
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cups almond flour (blanched)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup arrowroot starch
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg freshly grinded
2 cups shredded or grated carrots
1/2 cup grated apples
1 cup raisins (organic, unsweetened)
1/2 cup unsweetened cranberries
1/4 cup walnuts (or any other nuts)
1/2 cup cocoa nibs by Wild mountain
2 tsp of 5 mushroom powder by Harmonic Arts or just Reishi
cocoa/choco frosting - see notes
another option of frosting is coconut cashew frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line 2 round cake pans approx.8" with parchment paper (non-toxic one eg. If You Care)
2. In a bowl combine dry ingredients and set aside
3. In a larger bowl beat the eggs and the rest of the wet ingredients and mix them together. ( you can use a mixer).
4. Add dry mixture to wet and combine it to a thick batter form. Then add carrots, apples and raisins. (raisins should be soaked for a few hours in maple syrup or honey or some rum)
5. Divide the batter equally between the two cake pans lined with parchment paper (non-toxic)
6. Bake it in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. If you use just one cake pan, bake it longer or until the toothpick comes out clean.
7. After is cooled, then carefully remove it from the cake pan and transfer it to wire racks to cool it completely
8. Then frost the cake with cocoa frosting in the middle and on the top. In summer is great to top with fresh fruit and cover it with gelatin, and glaze.
Cocoa/Choco frosting: 1 cup 100% chocolate (Wild Mountain) or cocoa powder, 1 cup coconut oil. Mix it well on low heat in a nonstick pan (non-toxic)
If you make 2 layers, use the frosting between also with no sugar plum butter, so delicious combination. I guarantee:-)))
Coconut Cashew frosting: 1 1/2 cup of soaked cashews, 2/3 cup coconut cream, lemon juice, 2 tbsp coconut oil solid, vanilla extract, honey or maple syrup. Blend cashews on high until a paste forms. Then add the rest of ingredients and blend it well together.